Honoring the leading Young Professionals in San Marcos
The San Marcos Shining Stars Under 40 (SSU40) honors 5 young professionals under the age of 40 engaged in a variety of fields including business, technology, non-profit management, civic life, public service, education, and the arts, who are making significant contributions in their professional fields as well as through thier service to the community.
Shining Stars represent the best and brightest of San Marcos – they are shining examples of caring, hard-working, and innovative leaders making our growing community a place where one desires to live, work, and play!
- SSU40 is open to San Marcos area business owners, civic leaders, and professionals under the age of 40 as of July 31st, 2017.
- Nominees must be in their current position, operating their business or living in San Marcos.
- Has made an impact on his or her company or community
- Show the potential to be a leader in business, politics and/or the community during the next decade
- Work for a current member of the San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce and/or a current member of SMYP.
- The following individuals are not eligible:
- Previous Shining Stars Under 40 award recipients
Entry Guidelines & Application Submission:
- A photo of the nominee must be submitted with the application.
- All entries must be submitted by Friday, July 14, 2017.
- Completed entry forms will be treated in confidence and will not be circulated outside of judges, sponsors and selected employees of the Presenting Sponsor (PS) or the San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce (SMACOC).
- SMACOC & PS reserves the right to publish entrants’ photos and biographical details.
- SMACOC & PS reserves the right to vet and substantiate information contained in entry forms.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost or misplaced entries, and incomplete entries will be disregarded.
- All applications must be completed online. APPLY HERE
Selected applicants will be recognized at the SMACOC – San Marcos Young Professionals Shining Stars Breakfast on Tuesday, August 8, 2017, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.